Thursday, April 14, 2011

Seriously Good Salmon Dinner

Fair warning: I am still basking in the afterglow of this meal. It was seriously a fantastic, almost guilty pleasure kind of meal…I can’t even get over it. Also, I have a cold that’s totally kicking my booty. I’m not usually the type to let a cold get me down, but this one is making me all sorts of blah. So, if I’m not quite as witty or particularly awesome while writing this…as I usually am (I kid, I kid…sorta) that’s why.

With this dinner, I kind of went crazy and made a few sinful things that I probably wouldn’t have normally put all together, but man, I’m glad I did. For this one, we’ve got salmon, pasta, and a veggie…which doesn’t seem like much but to me, it seemed like a lot. Any of these could be their own main entrée as well.

The music: None…I had Food Network on in the background. That channel is like crack to me.
The drink: Gypsy Cold Care Tea


First we’ll start with the salmon. Here’s what you’ll need:
1 ½ - 2lbs salmon, skin removed
Olive oil
Pan searing flour
Salt and Pepper
1 pat of butter
Salt and pepper the salmon and dredge with pan searing flour.


Drizzle about two tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and add salmon, topside down. Cook over high heat until golden brown. Carefully flip the salmon and turn the heat down to medium high. Let the pat of butter melt over the top, moving it around a little. (I have way too much butter in that picture, I ended up taking half of it out, just fyi). Flip the salmon once again for about 30 seconds then flip back and let it cook the rest of the way through.

And now, Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus. You’ll need:
1lb fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
2 - 3oz prosciutto
Pepper
Olive oil
(I have salt in the picture because I used it, but I wouldn’t use it again, the meat is salty enough)


Once you’ve trimmed the asparagus, spread them out on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper. Toss the asparagus, making sure they’re coated. Cut the prosciutto into strips and wrap each stalk of asparagus. Stick them in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes.


And now, the pasta with no name:

¼ c. (maybe a little less) parmigiano reggiano cheese

1T unsalted butter

1 large clove of garlic (grated)

1T chopped parsley

3T heavy cream

Your pasta of choice

Salt and Pepper to taste



I completely forgot to take pictures of all this, but it’s pretty self explanatory.
Cook the pasta according to the package, drain, and add everything else. Yep, that’s pretty much it.
Put it all together and you have this delicious, om noms dinner. Enjoy!

Love,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. You're killing me here Sarah, killing me. Looks soooo delish. <3

    ReplyDelete