Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tuna Patties

Deliciousness.

Hey there!  It's been a while...I know, I know, bad blogger! *pout*

Sometimes, life happens, you know?  But I'm back! And today I have a lunch recipe for you.  The second most important meal of the day.  Why lunch is the second most important meal?  I'm not really sure.  I may have just made that up.  But whatever, right? ;)

Anyway!  I made tuna patties for lunch today, that I found while browsing the Internet.  I find a ton of good recipes that way. 

I've made tuna patties several times, but never quite this way.  I always love finding new ways to make food I love. 

Here's what ya need:


Mix everything but the oil and butter together in a bowl, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.  While you're waiting on that, go ahead and make the tartar sauce.

If you're like me, and you don't
 have relish in the house, go ahead and chop up some pickles for your relish. Then proceed. :)  Mix the mayo, relish, celery seeds(not pictured), dill, and pepper.  Don't add salt.  I'm not sure why I did, but I regretted it.  So don't be like me, ok?  Just say no to the salt.  Just say no.  Put it in the fridge.

After your tuna has been sitting for a bit, heat up the oil in a pan, and add the buttah.  Oh, you don't use buttah? Hmm.  Go ahead with the butter then.  Press the tuna into a ball, then carefully (burns hurt!) add it to the hot oil/butter mix and flatten it a bit.  Cook until its all pretty and brown, then flip it.  Remove it from the pan and drain it on paper towels. 

Serve it with the chilled sauce.

Look at how pretty and flaky they are! So, so delicious!

Enjoy!
Liz


Tuna Patties
adapted from Linda's Low Carb Menu's and Recipes

2 6-ounce cans tuna, drained
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 1/2 ounce
Dash cayenne pepper (more if you can handle the heat)
2 tablespoons oil and/or butter
Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl; chill at least 30 minutes. Heat the oil and a little butter in a large skillet on about medium heat. Drop the tuna mixture by large spoonfuls into the hot oil. Flatten slightly and shape into patties. Fry about 3-4 minutes on each side until well-browned. Flip them very gently and brown the other side. Serve with Tartar Sauce or sauce of your choice.

Tartar Sauce

1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
1/8 teaspoon celery seed
Dash pepper
1/8 teaspoon dill
Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Spoon about 1 tablespoon sauce over each tuna patty.

Makes about 6 tablespoons

No comments:

Post a Comment