Saturday, July 2, 2011

Creamy Shrimp Salad

One of my favorite things to eat in the summer is shrimp.  Cocktail shrimp, grilled shrimp, you name it, I love it.  So when I came across this recipe, and it had nothing in it that I couldn't eat on my diet, I knew I had to make it. 



Creamy Shrimp Salad
adapted from Skinny Taste

16 oz peeled, cooked shrimp
1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 large celery stalk, thinly sliced
3 T. sour cream
1 T. mayo
1 t. Old Bay seasoning (or to taste)
Salt, to taste


Now, you could be smart, and buy cooked shrimp.  I just wasn't thinking that far ahead, and bought the frozen stuff.  So, if you buy cooked shrimp, obviously, ignore this step.  But if its the frozen, non-cooked stuff...boil some water and cook shrimp for 5 minutes or so, then rinse with cold water. 

Combine lime juice, mayo, sour cream, Old Bay and salt in a bowl.



Add the cucumber and celery.



Add the shrimp.  Mix together and keep in the fridge until ready to eat.  Simple, yes? And nice for a hot summer day. :)



Enjoy!

Love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment