Friday, July 1, 2011

On Diets.

It's been a while.  I know, bad bloggers, BAD! *pout*

But it's summer, and sometimes, life has to happen.  And, unfortunately for me, so do diets. 
I'm such a foodie, that dieting is something that is beyond hard for me.  I always have the very best of intentions, honest!  I'll think to myself, Grilled chicken tonight.  Then I sit back and actually think about grilled chicken.  Just plain ol' grilled chicken.  It's bland. 

So I think, Something must be done about this blandness!

And I add things.  Yummy things.  Things like cheese.   And breadcrumbs, or cereal.  And what goes better with chicken than potatoes?  Mashed are my favorite.  Mmm. 

Then, when I sit down to eat, I look at my plate and I've gone from grilled chicken to...a full blown, calorie-laden, carb fest.  Don't get me wrong, its always delicious.  Always.  And fun to cook.  And delicious.  Did I mention that?

A friend of mine had been telling me about the Atkins diet for a while, and had decided to jump back on the bandwagon.  So I decided, eh, what the heck.  And jumped with her.  So I'm now starting week two of said diet.  I'm down seven pounds, and can still eat yummy food. 

So I'll still be posting, (or rather...I'll start posting.  Again.  Sigh.  Sorry.) but I'll be making low-carb meals.  Tasty low-carb meals.  And hopefully losing weight as well. :)

Love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment