Friday, March 18, 2011

Crab Avocado Cream Cheese Dip.

I'm one of those freaks who enjoys reading cookbooks.  Like, actually sitting down with one and reading it.  I also love looking up recipes online, and one site, if you hang around and read the TK, that you will see cropping up often in my posts is The Pioneer Woman.  She's one of my hero's.  Anyway!  This recipe was adapted from her crab dip.

Here's what you'll need:

4 ripe avocados
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
2 T. Lemon juice
1 t. salt
1 T. onion powder (you could use chopped onions here, but like I said before, I'm weird about what I like onions in.)
2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sour cream
2 (6 oz) cans of crab mean, drained.


Now, first thing you want to do is peel the avocados.  I meant to take a picture of that, in case you aren't savvy to all things avocado like me.  But I forgot.  I do that sometimes.  :)  If you are lucky enough (unlike me) to own a food processor, you could put it all in there.  I just use my Kitchen Aid. 
Drop in the avocados, the salt, the onion powder (or chopped onions, if that is your preference) the Worcestershire sauce and the lemon juice.  Mix it all together, but you want to leave a little bit of 'chunk' to the avocado for a good texture and consistency.
Next you add the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and crab, and mix.  Or pulse, you lucky-food- processor-owners-you.
Put it in a bowl and refrigerate it until time to serve.  Don't make it too far in advance, because avocados turn brown after a while, and the lemon juice can only hold that off for so long. 
Serve with Fritos scoops.  Cuz its the right thing to do.
Enjoy!
Liz

1 comment: