Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fig Prosciutto Pizza with Baby Spinach

I saw this recipe a while ago at The Pioneer Woman.  It's good.  So make it.  Right now.  NOW!  K?

Start off making your pizza dough.  I forgot to take pictures of mine as I was making it because my child made me stupid.  I swear he ate half my brain cells when I was pregnant.  At least thats my story. 
Once you've made the dough, and let it rise, divide it in half, because you'll want nice, thin, crispy crust for this pizza.

Once your dough is made, either roll it out, or spread it out onto your pan.  Pizza pan, cookie sheet, whatever floats your boat.  I spread it out.  I don't like to use my rolling pin more than I have to.  (On another note, I used my BRAND NEW Pampered chef stone baking sheet.  I loves it.) 
Ignore the crappy lighting.  Please.

Take a few spoonfuls of your fig preserves and spread it right onto the crust.  Then, once you're done spreading lick the spoon.  You know you want to.  It's divine. 

Take your mozzerella cheese and put it on top of the fig.  I like to use fresh mozzerella, sliced, but I'm not above using shredded.  Not a bit. 

Bake at 425 degrees for 13-15 minutes, until the cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.  It may take a little longer if you're not using a stone.  Just keep an eye on it.
Once its done, take it out and put the prosciutto on top, and pop it back in the oven for a minute.  Take it out and add the baby spinach.  Bend over the pizza and inhale.  Try not to drool on the pizza.  Your family will thank you.
On a personal level, I think I added too much prosciutto.  Next time I will add maybe half as much, and in smaller pieces.  But it was still amazing.  Delightful.  Fantastic.  It'll make you sing.  And dance.  Believe me.

It might even make you weep. 

Pizza dough:
2 1/4 t. active yeast
1/2 t. brown sugar
1 1/2 c. warm water
2 T. olive oil
1 t. salt
4 c. flour

In a large bowl, combine water with brown sugar and yeast.  Let it sit for about 10 minutes to activate the yeast.  Add the salt and oil and mix.  Add two cups of flour and mix together.  I use my dough hook on my kitchen aid.  Add remainder of the flour 1/2 c. at a time, mixing well after each addition.  Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm, draft free spot for 1-2 hours.  I always rise my dough in my microwave.
Once its done, punch it down and divide it in half.  Put half of the dough in a ziploc bag in the fridge.  It will keep for several days, and taste super yummy.

For the pizza, you'll need:
Pizza crust
Fig preserves
Prosciutto
Mozzerella cheese
Baby spinach

Spread or roll pizza dough into your pan.  If you're using a pizza pan or cookie sheet, lightly grease it.  Spread the fig preserves onto the crust, and top with cheese.  Bake at 425 for 13-15 minutes, until golden and bubbly.  Place proscuitto on top of hot cheese, and place back in the oven for a minute or so.  Remove from oven and top with baby spinach. 

Eat it all.  You'll want to.

-Liz

2 comments:

  1. Liz. That looks AMAZING!! I want. I need. I perish. I pine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg yes that looks fantabulous! *drooling*

    ReplyDelete