Saturday, March 26, 2011

White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes

Alright, I’m warning everyone right here, right now. Liz and I…are addicted to Cupcake Wars. And as a result, we are constantly texting each other about new cupcake ideas. Soooo….if you see a few hundred cupcake recipes in this blog, you now know why.

I’ve been thinking about making these particular cupcakes for about a week now and finally decided to give them a whirl. It took a lot of going back and forth and asking other people what they thought. I don’t usually bake so this is all new to me. I’m shocked that I even want to try.

But these cupcakes are by far the best one’s I’ve ever made. I really hope you all like them.

The music: A lil’ bit of Dave Matthews Band, thank you very much.
The drink: Some yummy blackberry wine. Yeah, I drank while making these. I was childless! Don’t judge me! Stop it, right now!!

I decided to try and find a different cupcake recipe considering mine keep coming out quite dense. So after some searching, I found this one:

2c. flour
½ t. salt
2 t. baking powder
½ c. butter, softened
¾ c. sugar
2 eggs
1c. milk
1 t. vanilla extract


Allow me to give credit where credit is due: Simple Vanilla Cupcakes
Follow the instructions, right down to the 20 minutes. This recipe says it makes 20-25 cupcakes. I got 12. Who knows?

Now, I added about 3 tablespoons of melted white chocolate to the batter on a whim. I’m not exactly sure if it made a difference, but hey, why not?



Cool on a wire rack, then dig out little holes in the center of the cupcake.


Filling:
1 pint of fresh raspberries
¼ c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 container of mascarpone cheese, softened


Wash raspberries and put them into a pot with sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, smushing the raspberries a little until they form a yummy raspberry liquid. Add the vanilla then remove from heat. In a separate bowl mix together the mascarpone and raspberry liquid. Stick it in the fridge until you’re ready to fill the cupcakes. (which I forgot to take a picture of)



Frosting:
½ c. butter
1-8oz. package of cream cheese; softened
2 ½ c. confectioners sugar
1t. vanilla extract
¾ c. melted white chocolate


In a mixer, cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add vanilla and mix. Slowly add the sugar, little bits at a time until it’s sweet enough for you.

Make your own double boiler by filling a pot about half way and set a bowl over it (the bowl should not touch the water). Turn on the heat, bringing the water to a boil. The steam from the water will melt the chocolate. Do this slowly otherwise the chocolate will burn. Once it’s melted, add to the frosting.


Put the filling into a pastry bag (if you’ve got one) and fill up the holes you made in the cupcakes. Then do them up with some frosting. Top with a little bit of sugar to make it sparkle and one raspberry.



Aren't they pretty?!?!



Love,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. You are killing me here. Seriously soooo good. Hope I can try to make these tomorrow!!! <3

    ReplyDelete