Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Twisted Kitchens

Welcome to the Twisted Kitchens!  I'm Liz, and my partner-in-crime and all things food is Sarah.  We are two (relatively) normal women, wives and mothers who share a passion for food.  And wine.  And avocados. 

I am an Army wife, and have one Tornado who frequently disguises himself as a little boy.  I love cooking.  LOVE it.  I love to make savory dishes, and I love coming up with new ways to use leftovers. 
I also love baking bread, and sweets.  And so will Sarah, by the end.  Mwahahaha.

We decided to start this blog so we could share our food triumphs (and disasters...you know they will happen, Sarah...) with each other, and with others.

Cheers!
Liz


------
Alright, so I suppose it's my turn to introduce myself.  I'm a former-Army wife and have two very crazy, very different little guys.  They're like night and day, let me tell you.  While my older son will try just about everything that I cook, my younger one will hold up his hands and literally cringe at the very sight....it does wonders for my confidence.  I work part-time at a child care center where my co-workers are constantly loving my leftovers.

My cooking style is very...I suppose we could call it "casual".  I hate measuring.  Hate hate hate it!  I'm one of those "a little of this, a little of that, and a whole lot of that!" kind of cooks.  But...Liz is attempting to wrangle me in here so that I can share my recipes with everyone.  So you all will have to forgive me if I slack on that.  I swear I'll try to be better.  Another thing...I don't bake very often.  It sort of, well, scares me.  I need therapy for such things.  (I know, you just can't wait to try the food I make now that I've given you so much faith in my abilities here)  But once again...Liz (grrrrrr) is making me try.  And so I will.

Have I also mentioned I'm a tad long winded?  Sheesh!  Anyway, that's it.  We're totally psyched to be doing this and hope you have just as much fun reading as we will posting.

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment