Friday, March 18, 2011

Grasshopper Pie

Make this.  Today.  Yes, Sarah, I'm talking to you.  You know you want to.

Once again, I found this recipe on The Pioneer Womans site.  I saw it and almost had to wipe my chin cuz I started drooling.  Food has that affect on me sometimes.

You start off with:
16 chocolate sandwich cookies.  I can't say Oreo's because I didn't use them.  But feel free to. :)
2 T. melted butter
1 (13 oz) container of marshmallow fluff
2/3 C. half and half
2 T. creme de menthe
2 T. creme de cocoa
Green food coloring (optional)
1 C. heavy whipping cream
Extra cookie crumbs, for sprinkling and general prettiness.

Start off by pounding the cookies to smithereens in a Ziploc bag.  I called in the expert for help with this.  He's good at pounding things. 

I forgot to add the butter to the first picture.  But it was there, I promise.  Melt it and add it to the pounded cookie crumbs in a bowl and mix well.  Then take your pie pan and press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides to make your crust.

Take your marshmallow cream and put it in a pan over low heat with the half and half.  Stirring constantly, cook until this has melted and is pretty and smooth and creamy.



  Once its all smooth and nice, put your pot in a bowl of ice so it can cool the mixture down.  Once cooled completely (it'll be a bit cold, which is good.) Add the creme de menthe, creme de cocoa and some green food coloring, if you're using it.  Taste it and add more to your taste. 

 Now take your heavy whipping cream and whip it until its stiff.

Then take your cold marshmallow mixture and fold it into the whipped cream until well combined.  Try not to stick your fingers in it.  Just try, I dare you!

Pour the combined mixture into your crust.  Ooh and aah.  You won't be able to help yourself.


Top with crushed cookies.  Because its pretty.  Very pretty.  Then put it in the freezer for at least two hours.  Make sure you take it out at least ten minutes before you cut into it.

Enjoy!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment